The goal of Carroll Tomorrow as part of the Advantage Carroll 2020 plan is to encourage, promote, and facilitate entrepreneurship, innovation, and new business ventures by aggressively pursuing new markets and expanding targeted industry sectors. Carroll Tomorrow will also assist in the creation of $400,000,000 in new and expanded capital investment with the cooperation of local, regional and state partners, and stakeholders.
“Grow Carroll” focuses on business and industry retention and expansion plus aftercare for companies new to the region.
Advantage Carroll 2020 5-year Economic Development Goals are:
- Retain or create 2,500 jobs
- Conduct 500 consultations with existing businesses
- Generate $90,000,000 in new payroll
- Creation of $400,000,000 in new and expanded capital investment
- Incubate 80 start-up an growth businesses – The Burson Center
- Host 150 business/government/education programs
- Enroll 100 entrepreneurs/inventors at the new maker’s space (The Tinker’s Box)
- Participate in 10 state, national or international trade missions